Tuesday, December 6, 2016

HANDMADE GIFTS

It's Christmas time and I'm always looking for inspiration to make a few handmade gifts for my girls (and even Brandon) this time of year. I still haven't made up my mind completely yet, and there is still time. But in the meantime I decided to 
make this fun little video of Ruby's birthday gift I made for her a few months ago. We make a lot of homemade/repurposed gifts around here (especially on a tight budget).  I'm hoping to get inspired soon with a few new ideas and hopefully this will spark some ideas for you too!
                                                   



(if you have a hard time viewing the video directly from here you can see it on my Instagram here )

  The bear was made from an old sweater, I made the bedding and pillows from some fabric scraps, the suitcase was from Amazon, and I found the doily from a craft store. I even found a little Dr. Seuss "Oh, the Places You'll Go" book at the dollar store to add for fun. Here's where I got the inspiration for the contents of the suitcase ... see here here , and here .

All in all it was a pretty inexpensive gift. Ruby (3 yrs old) and Sophie (5 yrs old) love putting things in a bag or box and toting them around, so this made for a perfect gift for this age. Lots of things to go in and take out of the suitcase. 









And there you have it. A bear in a suitcase. Horray for handmade gifts!



No comments: