Monday, April 10, 2017

A NEW (REPURPOSED) APRON

I have been eyeing some work aprons on Pinterest like this one and this one , thinking of how fun and practical it would be to have one (or two). Just to throw it on over regular clothes and it doesn't matter if it gets messy, but it still looks cute, AND it has pockets! Now of course making one of these from scratch would be lovely, and probably not too terribly difficult. But in these days of transition for us I just don't have that luxury. So, a repurposed project will work just fine.

These days of still living out of a suitcase I don't have tons of options to shop or chances to sew as much as I once used to in our own home. BUT thankfully wherever we have stayed I have had tons of friends and family that have had a sewing machine that I could borrow!Traveling around this past year has not taken away my sewing itch and this was a nice little treat for myself. Now, the pictures aren't the greatest to show detail or anything, but I thought it would be fun to share.

I happened to find this old army green linen jumper at the thrift store a bit ago and knew it would work just fine for a quick remake into an apron. All it needed was one cut down the back and then I sewed down the raw cut edge. It even came with the two ties that I just removed and placed them closer together in the back.



I didn't get a before and after of this one, but I'm already planning on making one more. So, hopefully I will add more photos and you can see the front as well. This one comes with deep square pockets on the front which fit the bill for what I was looking for.


That's one thing I love about sewing for myself or my kids. It doesn't have to be perfect, and it's fun to mess around and try new things. Plus, repurposing makes it so much quicker, which I'm all about!

No comments: